Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

If the Chinese offerred about $2.40/share, they could still buy our 25% portion of SC for less than the $1 billion mentioned below. :) lol

And we would still have Arizona and Carmax.

http://www.kitco.com/news/2014-05-29/Chinese-Buyers-Seeking-Copper-Mine-Assets-SNL-Metals.html

(Kitco News) - Chinese buyers are seeking out foreign copper-mine assets as rule changes and expanded copper smelter capacity mean greater need for copper raw materials, said a metals consultancy on Thursday.

SNL Metals & Mining cited a recent rule change which took effect May 8, allowing foreign deals valued under $1 billion to avoid governmental approval. Before, deals above $100 million needed approval from China’s National Development and Reform Commission, the consultancy said.

The recent drop in base metals prices has spurred buying interest by Chinese owners, who see these mines as a bargain in the long-term, they said.

Chinese buyers have become more active in the mine-acquisition space, such as Guangdong Rising Assets Management’s $1.46 billion offer for Australia’s PanAust, a copper-gold producer. PanAust rejected the first offer as “lowball,” but said it would look at new offers.

SNL Metals & Mining said while the valuation does seem low, “there is logic to the relatively low offer in today's business environment. To develop greenfields assets is a risky exercise, and this has to be factored in.”

The consultancy said rather than look at early-development projects, Chinese acquisitions have focused more on assets set to enter production, such as Las Bambas project in Peru.

“Chinese investors will likely become more active in trying to secure such low-risk assets at affordable prices before the next metals price boom puts them out of reach,” they said.

New Message
Please login to post a reply