Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

I think they are more concerned with the next provincial election. I don't think there is a BC resource company in existence that isn't fearful of another NDP government. Someone was telling me recently that during the last NDP government no mines received environmental approval. When I talk to my friends in Alberta they always mention the pipeline and the NDP as a source of trouble.

=================

I would like to echo my complete support for that statement.

For those of you not living in BC, the BC NDP party is a much more extreme version of their Federal counterpart. They drove our economy into the ground leaving massive debt. Many environmental "activists" are part of the provincial party and mining, forestry, pipelines, and business in general will suffer. One of the NDP's core beliefs is to increase tax burden on business and increase spending on social programs. Last time they were in office, many businesses moved their head offices out of the province due to the increased tax burden and many moved to BC to get a better (and easier to qualiofy for) welfare rate.

Although the BC Liberal party certainly has its problems, they have done a good job at encouraging economic growth though mining, forestry and hopefully a northern pipeline and LNG terminal in Kitimat. They have lowered taxes for business (personal too) and are doing what they can to encourage business to come back to/stay in BC. I fear if the BC NDP get back into power - all progress will be undone and they will work quickly to implement their agenda as they know they will only have 4 years to do it.

This should be a verty strong motivator for Teck if they plan to proceed in the next few years. One I had not considered till today - thanks Prospekt!

New Message
Please login to post a reply