Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free
Definitely a big plus to have a large Sulphuric Acid supply and a solution extraction/electrowinning (SX/EW) plant locally. Big transportation cost savings. Their SX/EW plant has a capacity of 200 million pounds of copper per year. I wonder how much spare capacity they have? It does make sense that Freeport would likely be interested in the project considering our close proximity to their facility. Excelsior looks like they have done a good job bringing their property to the PFS stage and their numbers look pretty good - 1.7 billion lbs of recoverable copper. From their website: "Based on an initial production rate of 110 million pounds per year and a US$2.75/lb copper price, the Prefeasibility Study indicates a pre-tax NPV7.5 of US$1.24 billion, pre-tax IRR of 59.7% and a payback period of 1.8 years. Total initial capital expenditures (including contingency) are estimated at US$284.84 million with sustaining capital (including an acid plant) of US$599 and an average life-of-mine direct operating cost of US$0.69/lb. These metrics are amongst the lowest per pound capital and operating costs for copper projects in North America." That being said, they only have a market cap of $31 million. We really are in a crappy market aren't we? Seemingly great project and conservative numbers used ($2.75 copper, 46% recovery) yet so little perceived value right now? Still at PFS stage so I guess that is an issue in this too... Lots of good information at Freeport and Excelsior sites regarding this type of mining. An interesting approach for sure. Some day these properties will be worth a lot of money, hopefully we are still holding them when the profit is to be made. I would imagine Excelsior is eyeing up Freeport too as a possible purchaser?
New Message
Please login to post a reply