Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

I'm not sure if everyone saw the following article about a man who invested in resource penny stocks and managed to turn his TFSA into $180,000. Then the government came after him for taxes claiming he was running a business. The government seems to be basing their assertion on the frequency of his trades.

In our case (CUU), we might be saved in our TFSA's since we put the money in and generally leave it there for years. I know there isn't much reason to buy and sell within the TFSA, but I thought it was worth keeping in mind that if it is supposed to shelter us from tax you want to ensure that you follow the non-existent rules to keep the money you make.

I made my TFSA contribution for 2014 at the end of the year, and at the beginning of 2015. I bought shares and I'm going to leave it until the end. I hope, even if I make a lot of profit doing this, that I won't get accused of running a business because I'm not actively trading.

This probably also will have an effect on people who trade within the TFSA's of their relatives.

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/12/02/canadians-with-too-many-wins-in-their-tfsa-being-targetted-by-cra/?__lsa=f6b4-0399

New Message
Please login to post a reply