Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

They have about 5-10% interest in oil if that. Only reason why teck tumbled is because of oil prices. I'm not concerned at all. Their Coal operation is whats keeping them in the black and they dont sell much to China. Mostly Japan and other asian countries.

=======================

Where do you get these statements from? It just isn't true.

Show me anywhere that supports your "Their coal... they dont sell much to China. Mostly Japan and other asian countries"?

The lion's share of metalurgical coal from BC (the type Teck produces) goes directly to China through Roberts Bank and Neptune coal terminals and has been for decades. Hauled on both CP and CN trains, coal used to account account for almost 40% of southern BC freight traffic, but Teck has cut back production significantly due to low coal prices. A few years ago 10-12 trains a day were the norm, currently seeing 5-8/day.

Yes, their interest in oil is very small (and won't be producing oil for a good while yet), but I think it is funding this $billion+ cash committment to Fort Hills that is the biggest drag on SP. If they didn't have that committment to spend things would be much rosier as they have been able to stay in a marginally profitable position with met coal, copper, zinc, etc.

The low dollar is sure helping them out right now, and with relief seemingly on the way from the province they are still in relatively good shape.

Its tough finding the bottom. My Teck buys at 6.72 and 5.35 seemed like a great opportunity at the time. but not looking good right now. Hard to know what to do, in hindsight should have stayed in cash (probably in USD too). Oh, for a crystal ball...

New Message
Please login to post a reply