Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Is some kind of a production decision or development schedule part of the EA process or can they proceed with the EA and get approval - but still delay the project?

Galore Creek has had their approval for many years now. The government can't force the company to put things in production or keep it in production.

The letter was dated awhile ago but it didn't get put up on the BC environmental website until today. I do look every day and it wasn't there this morning. That doesn't mean some people weren't aware of the letter, just not the general public. The letter asks Teck to call right away, but I'm hoping they put their response in writing or I don't see how we'll get to see it.

The letter isn't forcing them to proceed. It does ask that they call and it does say that under unspecified circumstances it can be extended. I think they just want a proper update.

I think it would be an excellent idea to apply under the current system but I don't know how soon the Liberals are going to make their changes. It may be too late. It might be better to keep the current EA going for two reasons, 1. it has already cost them money as referred to in the letter, and 2. what the Liberals are proposing could be much worse. Remember, Trudeau said he wants Canada to be known for its resourcefulness, not resources.

This is what the Liberals have said, who knows what timeframe they are discussing and what changes specifically they intend to make:

We will immediately review Canada’s environmental assessment processes and introduce new, fair processes that will:

• restore robust oversight and thorough environmental assessments of areas under federal jurisdiction, while also working with provinces and territories to avoid duplication;

We will also ensure that environmental assessments include an analysis of upstream impacts and greenhouse gas emissions resulting from projects under review.

We will undertake, in full partnership and consultation with First Nations, Inuit, and the Métis Nation, a full review of laws, policies, and operational practices.

To clean up the mess in our own backyard, we’ll put some teeth back into the environmental review process, the one gutted by Harper.

Now and in the future, the path to economic growth and good middle class jobs is through strong environmental policy.

New Message
Please login to post a reply