Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Apr 01, 2016 08:02AM
Apr 01, 2016 08:07AM
Apr 01, 2016 08:09AM
Apr 01, 2016 08:17AM
Apr 01, 2016 09:18AM
Apr 01, 2016 09:25AM
Apr 01, 2016 09:58AM
Apr 01, 2016 10:03AM

It's like survival of the fittest in nature: The king of the jungle stalks prey and takes out the competiiton, until the king eventually gets knocked off the thrown by some other up-and-comer.

I have posted about this before, but are you all familiar with the story of Duluth Metals and its fantastic Twin Metals project in Minnesota? Duluth was partnered with Chile's Antofagasta but was running low on cash as Twin Metals progressed. Antofagasta was in position to front a bunch of money and increase its stake in the project, but strategically chose not to. Duluth couldn't find any other takers and was on the verge of bankruptcy. Antofagasta swoops in and buys out 100% of the project for peanuts!

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/iron-range/3657929-antofagasta-gets-twin-metals-tuesday

I'm not suggesting that same fate is in the cards for us. We do have a billionaire backing CUU, but even his pockets only go so deep and he surely must have an aversion to too much risk.

As Prospekt mentioned, we have all been blindsided by this commodities drought. In fairness to Copper Fox management, who I curse as often as any of you, they couldn't have foreseen this prolonged downturn. Yes, they have made a number of questionable decisions and some mistakes (often easier to discern in hindsight), but sometimes macro conditions overtake all other factors.

That said, I am hanging on, hoping we can weather the storm. It might be four of five more years before we can cash in, or maybe the remote chance of an unexpected positive development becomes reality in the meantime. Like Pat66, if I pull the plug now I can only envision some news out of the blue that Schaft Creek is sold and then I've been left swinging in the wind for the final cruel time.

Not this sucker!!! ;)

New Message
Please login to post a reply