Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Since it's the CBC's documentary channel, shouldn't we each have our own "investors clips" to inform viewers about our experience? I'd like to watch a series of those. 

Mine would go something like this:

[Intro: sombre music]

"Hi, I'm YourNadir. I first invested in Copper Fox Metals in August 2010. There was wild enthusiasm for the stock at the time. I was lucky enough to get a bunch of shares at 39 cents. I bought more in the 40s, 50, 60s and 80s. I rode it all the way up to $2.69 in April 2011. You're probably thinking I was a fool for not selling, and you're right! 

But, you see, scores of investors were connected through a discussion forum and we were convinced that a Schaft Creek buyout and a $5 share price was right around the corner. We had THE BEST number on our side: to produce a pound of copper would cost -32 cents! You heard me right! That's what we believed at the time. Oh, and we had this thing called the Salazar agreement that we were sure would give us the upper hand in negotiating with Teck Resources. But then Copper Fox negotiated a joint-venture agreement with Teck and the terms in Salazar went out the window.

Well, it hasn't all been bad news. We got a positive feasibility study just before Christmas 2012. The share price had been struggling prior to that, but it plummeted after the announcement because the "positive" in positive feasibility study wasn't positive enough. Not even close! For starters, it turns out that you should convert 171 million tonnes of waste rock that has economical value into part of your asset!

[Cue laugh track]

Anyway, it was a crummy Christmas, to say the least. 

So there have been several years of delays and shattered dreams. In fairness, this spectacular disappointment is also due to a terrible commodities market that has beaten the stuffing out of a lot of junior miners. Some micro-cap mining stocks have shown signs of recovery. Not us, however. We're hovering around 13 cents. 

My time is almost up, prospective investors! I'd advise you to think long and hard before joining the rest of us here in the CUU dog house. I mean, we're always grateful to have company, but if you want to put your money to work for you then there might be a better option out there."

[More sombre music as screen fades to black]

New Message
Please login to post a reply