Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Okay last one...

I wrote a letter to Teck but have not received a reply. Though it was not that long ago. I also sent copies to my MLA, Minister of Mines and the Tahltan admin.

Good Afternoon,

I am a shareholder in Copper Fox Metals, which as you know has a joint venture with Teck Resources at Schaft Creek. Copper Fox Metals completed a positive Bankable Feasibility Study for this project in 2012. 

As a shareholder (of Copper Fox) and a citizen of this province I am concerned about the speed of progress towards determining whether Teck will mine the deposit or not. It would appear that this project has been put on the back burner. I say this because Teck took their name off the queue for the Northern Transmission Line that Copper Fox had arranged. They cancelled the space at the port of Stewart which had been reserved for the ore and Schaft Creek is rarely mentioned on your website or news releases. It does note that the site is under care and maintenance though. 

Any evidence that Teck is enthused about Schaft Creek is somewhat sparse. I realize you pay a yearly fee and/or do work credits to keep the mineral rights. And you have a yearly budget for site work. But should you not be further along than that? It was 2012 that the BFS was completed after all.

Most of Teck's focus for copper projects seems to be in South America. Your company certainly has interest in obtaining mineral rights in this province but developing them seems to be low priority.

Whether people in BC realize it or not, the world is about to take a different course when it comes to transportation. Electric cars are not just going to be desired but are going to be mandated in many countries. This is going to take a lot of copper.

This province could and should be at the forefront of this revolution. We need to develop our mineral resources and turn them into cars.We should do this sooner than later as Asians are wanting cars and we will choke on their emissions.

It appears to me that Teck is locking up these resources but not going past that. If these mining sites are not part of your near term plans, should you not relingquish your rights to them? Why hold the province back? Some other miner might be interested in building a mine there.

Teck is a very valued and important company in BC.  As a British Columbian I do hope this province does not get left behind in the upcoming copper rush. And I hope Teck is a major player helping to provide the world with electric vehicles.

As well: I wonder how many people realize what an important role prospectors and junior explorers play in the providing minerals to our society. Please give consideration to the investors of Copper Fox. We are mostly average income people who took the risk. We did not know whether there was enough minerals to justify a mine or not. We would have lost it all and you would have paid us nothing. As it is looks, there was a huge gain for your company and we still have nothing. Perhaps we should be more careful with our money. But the present Joint Venture agreement is far different than the original contract that most of us invested in. 

Thank you for your time.

Xxx Xxx

New Message
Please login to post a reply