Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free
Message: Undervalued? Yes, if compared to NPV. But are we undervalued compared to other junior miners?

Over the past few weeks, some posters have given links to several other companies PEA's.  From the 2 or 3 that I have looked into - it seems common for those companies to have a market cap of about 20% of the NPV numbers.  

Until the recent slide in our share price, we were trading at a market cap of close to $200 million which is 20% of NPV of VD.   This doesn't include SC.   If we state that the NPV of that project is $4 Billion, which means our 25% portion is $1 billion.   This means 20% of $2 billion is $400 million - which means about 0.80 share (based on 500 million shares outstanding).

Are there current examples of junior mining companies (preferably in the copper space) that trade for a lot more than 20% of NPV? 

My point is simply that we are not the only ones who are undervalued - others are in the same boat.  We are not in a bull market for copper resources. While, the copper price has risen nicely this year which has only perked up the interest (share price) but nothing major when compared to NPV.   There have been no (few) actual deals made to purchase these resources.  But if the copper demand/supply forecast is correct, then this should change soon.  However, I thought the copper demand/supply crunch was going to happen about 7 years ago - so it has been wrong before.  
I don't know what the catalyst to cause this rush - perhaps just one or two major deals being made.     

Although I'm tired of waiting for some type of return, in some ways I would love Copper Fox to hold onto it’s projects until there is a scramble to obtain copper resources - but I think that this may will be a couple of years away yet.

Just thinking out loud.

New Message
Please login to post a reply