Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

If CF pays out the sale of SC in a dividend, then would'nt that dividend be taxed as income, not as long or short term capital gains? Meaning that the dollar amount of the dividend for most of us here would put us in the 35-40% tax bracket. So if some are right here that the sale of SC would only produce a .50 cent ( U S $ ) dividend per share.. Doing the math on that would be the .50 cent distribution - minus cost basis ( lets say .20 average ) then minus the 35 % dividend tax would leave us with only about .20 cent per share net profit. Then who knows how many years to monetize other properties. Does that sound about right or am I missing something here ?? Seems like selleing the entire company and being taxed at the long term gains rate would be the best way to maximize our net profit. Or spinning off the other properties and then the sale of SC can be taxed as a long term capital gain..not a dividend... maximizing our net profit...IDK I'm not a tax expert but waiting 14 years for a .20 cent net profit will hardly pay for my trip to Vegas....

New Message
Please login to post a reply