Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

"I have 90% of holdings tucked away in TFSAs now.

Smart move; I hope everyone has their TFSA accounts maxed out, then RRSP accounts and only after that use regular trading accounts if money still available :)"

Nope.  If you expect to have a high taxable income and a high tax rate, then the RRSP should avoided altogether or at most as a the last resort if you are desperate for the current year tax deduction from a contribution.   

Capital gains are way less taxed (only 50% gain inclusion as taxable) than RRSP withdrawals (100% taxable) and eventually RSP withdrawals are forced out (RRIF. LIF) -- so you can't continue to defer the tax liability like you could with cap gain investments.

Obviously, I don't like RRSPs unless you are in a very high marginal tax rate in your working years (big tax savings) but then expect to be in a relatively low or very low tax rate in retirement, i.e. you have little in other income and your RRSP income is so low it barely attracts any taxes.   

JMHO

New Message
Please login to post a reply