Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

I would put other potential partners for TCK ahead of Barrick - like some of its existing partners in South America. Barrick made the bold step into copper last year with its purchase of Equinox so it is plausible that they flesh this strategy out and get involved with a greenfield project to go along with that copper producer.

For a deposit as big and rich as the Donlin project, its economics aren't that sexy. Their Capex seems to be the big delfator there. If CUU can keep Capex reasonable, I think SC could beat it handily. Some of those shallow results from 2011 drilling (eg DDH419) should do a lot to improve the starting pit(s) scenario. The bump in grade from the 2011 drilling isn't going to hurt either.

Capex is becoming such a wicked game. Improving metal prices go hand in hand with increased Capex costs. Projects shelved due to economics change the metal supply equations and we have a closed loop. Energy costs are a big variable too.

From what I've seen, SC is a fairly straightforward project and a good fit for TCK. No underground operations like Pumpkin hollow - TCK can do what it does best and is set out to dominate: truck and shovel operatons. No tunnel like Galore. No fish like Pebble. And a more reasonable climate than some of those Artic porjects like Ambler and Pebble. All situated in TCK's back yard (BC) with its other interests at Galore and Teckland plus at least two other TCK exploration projects in the Dease area.

New Message
Please login to post a reply