Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Here is your translation. Thanks for the article.

Ambassador of Canada was in the Mail
Thursday, January 24, 2008
The Canadian Ambassador to Venezuela, Perry Calderwood, and his entire entourage visited institutional facilities Correo del Caroní, in this Wednesday afternoon, with the aim of uniting ties of friendship and discuss issues related to development.

Germán Dam V.
Photo Antonio Garcia Jr..

Calderwood: "It is important to visit the media, because they know the real conditions" During his stay, the Canadian emissary had the opportunity to meet with representatives of the political, business, academic and cultural life of the state of Bolivar, with the aim to further strengthen bilateral relations between the two countries and especially in this state.

The committee was formed by assistant Calderwood, Virginie Lévesque, first assistant; Louis Poisson, commercial counselor and Isabel Zapata, public affairs officer.

During his visit he made to the institutional "House of Ideas", the ambassador took advantage of the situation to say that "since I was assigned ambassador to Canada in Venezuela, is the first time since my arrival, I come out of Caracas ... But to really get to know a country is important to visit different regions, in order to understand the reality that there are live. "

He explained that Calderwood decided to come to the state of Bolivar in his first trip, as there are important links between Canada and the region for many years, "there are Canadian technology in a number of dams located in this state, we have major investments in mining, there five Canadian mining companies. "

"That is why it is important for us to come here and make contact with local authorities and with other individuals and institutions, to really get to know the region. As we have had exchanges at the academic level, we also had the opportunity to meet with members of the academic profession in the city, "he said.

The Canadian envoy explained that "knowing that the press and other media always know better than anyone what is happening, I wanted to go to greet them and inform me a little more power on the situation of the state."

These statements were followed by a speech that lasted about half an hour, in which Oscar Murillo and Angel Pirela, coordinators of the drafting of the Caroní Mail, gave answers to some questions of the ambassador and his entourage. Items conversados were relative to the city, its people, industries and projects in the area.

Both Calderwood and his companions were interested in knowing how the continuing situation of this newspaper, referring to the shortage of newsprint that suffered during the month of December.

Once explained by the fact, they talked about the main objective of the Mail, which "has always been and will remain to serve as a forum for the entire population Guyana."

Once the reunion, the entire Canadian entourage made a tour of the facilities and the press of this printing, where they were able to observe the printing process of this newspaper, and then say goodbye and move ahead with its agenda of the day, which for closure at night, have a toast at the facilities of a hotel in the city. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply