Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Yuviri Ortega Article - July 11/07 - El Universal Publication

Yuviri Ortega Article - July 11/07 - El Universal Publication

posted on Mar 06, 2008 05:50AM

I believe this article by Ortega say's it all. The Vens will approve the project at their leisure, whenever the occurs.

Venezuelan government takes its time to clear gold exploitation

Granting of permits for gold exploitation on south Venezuela is being assessed at leisure, because the economic benefit is lower than potential environmental damages, said Wednesday the Ministry of the Environment.

Canadian Crystallex has waited for years the permits from the Ministry of the Environment and the Ministry of Basic Industries and Mining (Mibam) to develop Las Cristinas, a mine considered as one of the largest gold reservoirs in the world, Reuters reported.

For its part, Canadian Gold Reserve got months ago a construction permit for the small mine Brisas, a neighbor of Las Cristinas, in southern Bolívar state. However, it is still waiting for the exploitation license.

"We are making a comprehensive review of these applications for exploitation," said Minister of the Environment Yuvirí Ortega during a press conference. "Mining has caused most serious damages to the country," she added.

New Message
Please login to post a reply