Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Richard Marshall

posted on Apr 30, 2008 08:00AM

Just talked to Richard Marshall -

KRY recieved a call from the CVG yesterday. A mid-level official at the Ministry of Environment issued a statement to the CVG informing them that all mining in the Imateca region would cease. Wording between exploitation and exploration is irrelevent. Although, KRY did issue requests to do exploration for some small miners in the area.

KRY has not received an official written communication from the CVG - they are trying to get a copy of the brief and also understand if this is an official policy change. From their point of view this is the first negative corresponence they have received - all other communication at all levels of the government have been positive and supportive of the project. They also have support from local government and communities.

I asked why there would be a communication of this sort, even if they did not have all the facts. He said - cause the communication came directly from the CVG, verbally, they are legally required to disclose any major change to the shareholders immediately.

Bottom line - it's good that's it's a mid-level official and Sanz has not weighed in. Bad news - KRY doesn't know what all this means. They need to sort it out, cause this is the first contrary communication they have received.

Personally, I don't know what I think, but it sounds like a knee jerk reaction to some BS from a mid-level official.

New Message
Please login to post a reply