Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

My Opinion

posted on May 05, 2008 03:33AM

I can see this situation being about re-negotiation. The government sees that they can get more money out of a new deal (for the people of course). They use the issue of the environment as a tool, by saying something like - Venezuela's reward in these projects is not enough to justify any damage to the environment, but if the reward was greater ...... (Can risk be bought?) They use a lower level official to make this announcement so the big officials in the Ministry of Environment don't look like waffling fools.

Hopefully this is the reason for the delay in updates by both KRY and GRZ. For the government to say "No" doesn't take long. Venezuela has shown us what the result will be if neither company wants to renegotiate.

I really think Chavez doesn't want to look like a prick on an international level. I believe he wants to get along with people and other countries but his people should get the best they can.

Has any company been completely screwed over without a chance to work things out?

M

New Message
Please login to post a reply