Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

CVG Website has some interesting information

posted on May 05, 2008 09:49AM

Though it doesn't solve our current crisis... it does have some interesting articles that show the relationship that Vz wants to have with Canada. I wish I knew when these articles were posted... They might be too dated...

CANADA COMMERCE MISSION STUDIES INVESTMENT FEASIBILITY IN GUAYANA

In order to consolidate the commerce relations between Venezuela and Canada, the president of the Venezuelan Corporation, Rafael Sánchez Márquez, welcomed the Ambassador of that country, Allan Culham, on Monday, with the purpose of analyzing new investment possibilities in the region .

Venezuela represents the second commercial partner for Canada in South America, after Brazil. Nowadays, both countries are in the search of increasing bilateral cooperation about commerce issue. The Guayana Region means a significant business opportunity for the Canadian government with 8 enterprises registered that develop projects jointly with the Venezuelan Corporation of Guayana.

Allan Culham, the Canadian Ambassador in Venezuela, informed that his country has planned to promote new investment here, especially that of environmental, hydroelectric, aluminum and electric sectors. Culham also assured that both Foreign Affairs Ministries intend to organize a commerce meeting to motorize investment on projects that may be carried out in Venezuela the next 5 years.

On the other hand, the president of CVG was very pleased with the Canadian government´s interest and the private sector, for it is a reliable partner Venezuela keeps internationally, despite the crisis the country has been through the last years. “In CVG as well as the state institutions, we have been a trustful partner for the international financing capital is willing to deepen commerce relations with state enterprises”, Sánchez márquez commented.

----

There's another aritcle about Vz working with Russia (looks like it

s from May 2005!) ... I really doubt that Vz could screw over a Russian company without some SERIOUS consequences. Considering the relationship Canada has with Vz... (pretty good I thought) then perhaps this whole mess can be worked out.

New Message
Please login to post a reply