Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
No doubt the fact that her hubby is second in command to Chavez cannot help. My fear had always been that Sanz was not on our side...that he was doing the dirty work behind the scenes for Chavez as part of Chavez' nationalization campaign. With the comment made by Richard Marshall (and Roy Carson), apparantly confirming his understanding that this is a bureaucratic pissing match between Sanz and Ortega, I am encouraged. Sanz, as someone posted yesterday, is Hugo's "Go to" guy. There is a lot of downside for Chavez if he agrees with Ortega's indefensible, knuckleheaded position, simply because he doesn't want to "offend" her husband. He has "the people of the revolution" calling for a referendum...he has international investment\diplomatic relations hanging in the balance, there are legal implications, etc. Chavez is, after all, a politician. He will do what will optimize his own benefit. This could certainly go either way....but "the head's not dead yet" (though I'm sure that Raul Gallagos and the other people in the newsroom "got a runnin' bet").
New Message
Please login to post a reply