Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

RM Question Inre EIS and Ortega

posted on May 23, 2008 05:27AM
Question -- Richard, Can you tell me if Ortega in specific signed off on the EIS? My reason for asking in this fashion is to attempt to discern whether she was unequivocally aware that the EIS had been issued. Her signature would suggest that she was aware and that her current stance is a reversal. On the other hand, if sign-off was from a subordinate, then perhaps she did not become aware until after the fact. Could you clarify this for me? Did she in specific sign off, or instead, did a subordinate sign-off in lieu of her? RM --Yes I believe the EIS approval had involvement of Minister Ortega. Additionally, I believe there was correspondence from Minister Ortega to the CVG in the request for the Compliance Guarantee Bond last summer. Regards, Richard. Follow-up -- Given this history, her position seems incredibly strange. This whole issue is highly bizarre to me. RM -- I am reading a lot about Latin American Environmental Ministers pushing for higher standards around the rain forests and near indigenous communities. While Policy and Law appears to be on the Project's side the Minister and staff appear to be trying to implement new change and standards.
New Message
Please login to post a reply