Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

I Believe this is Positive News

posted on May 25, 2008 08:48AM

Excellent post Group. I like the excerpt-

"Mibam's Sanz says already established workings in southern Bolivar State are not covered by her unofficial edict but rather that there is general agreement that the Imataca should not be opened up for further exploration and/or exploitation."

My take on matters-

I like this statement, because it has finally been verified by Sanz, the existing mining operations in Southern Bolivar under approval by the Vens (KRY & GRZ) are a go, even though they are in, or near, the Imataca Forests. The Vens are going to recognize KRY's - MOA and GRZ's - Concession. I also read into the statement that any new applications for mining within the Imataca Forest from this day forward will not be permitted.

I believe these Companies will be grandfathered in to initiate/conduct their operations. Correct me if I'm wrong but both KRY & GRZ have been operating in Ven for 15yrs with a proven, positive, track record so why wouldn't you approve their operations. Sanz is in our corner, he is trust worthy and he is no political fool.

We also now know, Chavez supports this statement and Sanz has more clout than Ortega - Sanz won the tug of war match.

I believe Chavez is going to let Sanz run with matters and make the final decisions to get the projects underway. When you think about it, Ortega got her wish, as she cannot be held accountable for any environmental mining issues occurring in the Imataca Forest, as Chavez/Sanz over ruled Ortega's, so now she is off the hook, which was her motive all along.

I believe KRY and GRZ will get their approvals, but whether they mine the properties is another debate.

New Message
Please login to post a reply