Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Response from Harvey Beltran - BNAmericas

posted on Jun 09, 2008 02:48PM

I sent an email to Harvey Beltran concerning his article posted here a few days ago. Here is my email followed by his response as translated by google, and as received in spanish.

Hello Mr. Beltran

I was wondering if you got the sense from your source that Rodolfo Sanz is waiting for the proper time to put in a good word for Crystallex? Do you think that Mr. Sanz wants Crystallex to get the Permit?

Another source who spoke with BNamericas said that, "the minister thinks he cannot go talk to [President Hugo] Chávez to persuade him to grant permits to certain private companies because then he wouldn't be behaving radically and Chávez would not like that."

Thanks for your reporting. It helps shed some light on a very dark situation.

Take care,

----------------------------
Thank you for your comment.

As there have been things I believe that the government of Venezuela (Sanz) NOT give permission for the development of the project to a single company.

I think we shall negotiate a JV to develop it in conjunction with the government.

A greeting
Harvey Beltran
Journalist - Metals Mining
Business News americas
hbeltran@bnamericas.com
Tel: (+5411) 4806 7916
Buenos Aires
Argentina

New Message
Please login to post a reply