Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Gil
Jun 11, 2008 05:50AM
Jun 11, 2008 06:01AM
Jun 11, 2008 06:11AM
Jun 11, 2008 06:24AM

Very astute assessment Gil. I agree. Worst case...they enforce the "no open pit mining law" till KRY is toast and then pass a new law allowing open pit mining. Of course, as you correctly point out, that would not make much political sense from Hugo's point of view. The most logical outcome (DAMN!....there I go using logic again) given the operative assumption that Venezuela's will "F" us in some way (in terms of giving us a worse deal than that solemnly agreed to by legal contract) is minority status in a joint venture (60-40 perhaps?). This would be consistant with public statements made over the past couple of years by some "officials" and "news sources" regarding how KRY might be affected by the new mining law. I mean you have to admit....that was quite a bite in the a$$ by Ortega. Say what you will about bureaucratic infighting...but her nonsensical "no mining in the Imataca Rainforest" comment trashed our share price and seriously degraded our bargaining position. Is it posible that this was intentional to make KRY more amenable to getting "F'd"...er...I mean "renegotiating"? In any event....at the risk of speculating....I wonder what the short term share price "pop" might be if the new mining law gave us a 40% minority stake in a "joint venture". I wonder if that would in any way have a bearing on a potential buyout down the road.

New Message
Please login to post a reply