Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

I agree... but I feel there are a couple of other points to be considered that could have an influence on what appears to be going on here.

"1. Everything Ortega has said so far is not law...in fact it is contrary to current laws."

But she seems to like the limelight afforded her by the international media. She may consider herself a rebel who would like to share in the world-wide acclaim being garnered by Mr. Gore, Hollywood celebrities and others in the "Agenda Flavor Of The Month" crowd who capture the public lime-light. The world stage can be like a drug. Especially someone in a small country who is seeing others in that same small country get air-time. And I'm not talking "Nike-type Air Time" here.

"2. Ortega keeps spouting off to the media about no open pit mining and banning of the Imataca. Instead of her comments to the media she could make her stance clearer by an immediate denial of the appeal. She hasn't done that...I wonder why?"

If she publicly denies the appeal, it would be over. She would have no more forum by which to capture headlines or further her agenda. Her place in this issue would be vacated and someone higher up the ladder would be point guard for the issue and she would be left behind. Not to mention... once she passes this potato off, someone else has a right to act, and thus doing so, could overturn her agenda. Now that would be embarassing.

"3. Why choose the media to further your case when you have an appeal right in front of you to deny? As said by the company Ortega is isolated in her "agenda" and all other gov't entities would like to see KRY with the go ahead. Ortega is alone on this thus the media play to gather support for her unlawful position."

At this point, I am beginning to believe that other government entities don't want to deal with the issue, regardless of their stance. I don't think any of them see themselves making a decision that could or would be circumvented by Mr. Chavez.

Speeking of Mr. Chavez... maybe he feels that if he makes a decision for or against her position in an election year... he could hurt the individuals he favors... running to further his agenda at the "state or district" levels. So he sees that maybe silence can be his allie at this point in time.

Of course... this is just my humble opinion.

New Message
Please login to post a reply