Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Bill Cara weighs in at Seeking Alpha

posted on Jun 24, 2008 08:05AM

I guess the big jump exploded on his radar. Here's what he had to say.

Re Crystallex (KRY), there is hope yet. The company released the following statement Tuesday morning:

Crystallex has received the official minutes of the meeting held at the Permanent Committee for the Economic Development of the National Assembly at the public hearing held on June 4, 2008 to discuss the delay of the Las Cristinas project. At the meeting, representatives of the Ministry of Mines [“MIBAM”] confirmed support for Crystallex and its compliance with all procedural and administrative steps up to the denial of the permit by MinAmb. The resolution issued by the Committee states that the Las Cristinas project has been in development for a significant period of time with the support of different branches of the Government. The resolution further notes a lack of coordination between the various Government branches, which it suggests should be resolved in light of the macroeconomic policies and goals of Venezuela, as well as the social needs of the people and the pre-existing environmental damage.

Would someone please check the insider trading reports and see whether the managers of this company are showing their support by buying the stock at these ultra-low levels?

These news releases have zero impact on me unless I see that management is putting their own skin in the game.

And an interesting reply.....(not me, wish I was an engineer!)

Bill
my thoughts as an engineer who has worked in VZ since Commisar Chavez took control: when I worked for PDVSA, it was clear that he had plenty of inept, as well as some talented people to run the refineries and make money off their oil. There was no preventative maint, it was and is basically a "run-to-failure&q... mentality. So be it. No refinery has exploded there. Now we have the govt proposing to take over these mines and try to reap the bounty to line their coffers. I just don't see it happening until he first allows a foreign entity to set up the operation, and THEN nationalize. Based on what I have experienced over 20 yrs at petrochem side, to expect the govt to strart up KRY's ops from scratch is just too much to expect. This is why I think that he/they will let KRY start mining. Are there VZ officials all-in at 60cents? wouldn't surprise me at all....

New Message
Please login to post a reply