Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
I promised to post Richard's answers to my wuestions and here they are: Hi Rob, I have written my responses to your questions below in your original email. Regards, Richard ------------------------------------... From: RMBonger@aol.com [mailto:RMBonger@aol.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:37 AM To: the-technician@msn.com Subject: LATEST PR Richard, I know you must be busy but first I want to convey my relief after this great Press Release. However, it begs a few questions I certainly would have asked at tomorrow's AGM if I could have been there. Here goes: 1) why was there a 6 day delay between the date of the meeting and the PR. You must have noticed that about 14 million shares traded in that timespan, mostly Buys by institutionals. Was there a leak? Suspicious! ANSWER: The Company wanted to make sure it had the government approval to discuss the sensitive meetings and that took sometime.Additionally, we wanted to make sure that these meetings had some momentum and were not just an initiative of an individual. Once we received the Report from the NA committee we had validation of the meeting and its substance. 2) Why was Ortega not there? ANSWER: Many business meetings inside government agencies are conducted with Vice Minister's and not necessarily the Minister who may be preoccupied with other business. 3) The issues raised by MinAmb may have some validity but sound like an excuse for the stupid reasons they refused the permit, I believe all the points were covered in the EIS, which they approved long ago. Any comments? NON ANSWER Sorry, I do not have any comment or further detail beyond the news release. 3) When you refer to the "goverment" you mean Chavez. MinAmb is also the goverment and so is Sanz, but Sanz could not issue these instructions. NON ANSWER: As discussed at the AGM sometimes officials in many countries will act on their own initiatives and position that may not necessarily be the position of the Government or other Agencies. We continue to believe that Minister Ortega is isolated in her position and that appeared to be validated in the Meeting with MinAmb where they informed us that they had been instructed by the Government to work on solutions to permit these projects. 4) MinAmb stressing the urgency of the matter is funny if at was not such a crock, However, could you give a timeline at least for your part of the excersize: the submission of the details. ANSWER: One of the slides discussed at today's AGM implied that we'd be submitting information to the Ministry in a matter of days. There's no way to predict timing for this process but the VM did indicate that they were instructed to work quickly. 5) Was Sanz in the AN committee meeting? ANSWER: No Minister Sanz did not attend the NA Hearings. It is not customary for Cabinet members to attend but they do send counsel on their behalf to articulate their position. Questions, questions! One more on a different subject: I am sure you listened to the recent GRZ conference call. Many is the Small Cap companies I own or follow do this, most on a quarterly basis. Why does KRY not do this? I think it is a shame. ANSWER: I have raised the issue of conference calls with the Board and Mgmt. I hope we will have a good AGM and Lotsa luck. BTW how is tour daughter performing these days? ANSWER She's skating really well and hopes to qualify for US Nationals in Jan. I've attached a picture take a couple of weekend ago at an exhibition she skated in front of US and Olympic Judges. Regards, Richard Best regards and say Hi to Fung for me. Rob
New Message
Please login to post a reply