Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

National Post today/ link

posted on Jun 26, 2008 08:43AM

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Presented by

New Plan For Venezuelan Gold Mine Expected

Peter Koven, Financial Post Published: Thursday, June 26, 2008

Crystallex International Corp. expects to submit potential modifications to the Las Cristinas project over "the next several days" to Venezuela's government, Robert Fung, chief executive, said at the company's annual meeting yesterday. Toronto-based Crystallex was effectively blocked from constructing a gold mine at Las Cristinas last month, when Venezuela's Environment Minister banned permitting for open-pit mining. But on Tuesday, the company reported that it is back in talks with the government over changes to its mine plan that would minimize the environmental impact. That could potentially allow Crystallex to receive the long-awaited permit needed to build the mine. Mr. Fung confirmed yesterday that Crystallex should not have to do any more technical studies before submitting suggested modifications, so they should be done soon.

Copyright © 2007 CanWest Interactive, a division of CanWest MediaWorks Publications, Inc.. All rig

http://www.financialpost.com/story.h...

New Message
Please login to post a reply