Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Rusoro as "partner of choice" and its LACK of significance

Rusoro as "partner of choice" and its LACK of significance

posted on Jul 10, 2008 08:14AM

A fellow blogger explained to me the significance of "partner of choice" and its lack of significance. The below are his words exctly.

Today's news release from Russoro is factual but kinda pushes the envelope of a cultural difference between Venezuela and the rest of the world inasmuch as to claim that they are (exclusively) a "partner of choice" is quaintly how Venezuelans address any (and I mean any) entity that is chosen to enter into a partnership, JV or contract, with them. I used to smirk when writing letters to companies where one always had to describe the company as "prestigeous" even if you knew they were anything but and were sometimes sure that they were not. It is simply a way they have of addressing people, events or otherwise. I guess if you check with Richard Marshall or others you will find that Crystallex has also been addressed in this fashion as "a partner of choice" in previous correspondence -- so it is absolutely NOTHING unusual ... just a querk of Venezuelan business culture! Flattery and slap it on!

New Message
Please login to post a reply