Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

"Attending last week's annual conference of the Venezuelan Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry (Fedecamaras) in Maracaino, Camiven's Sanchez highlights "conflicts of competence between the Ministry of Basic Industries & Mining (Mibam) and the Environment Ministry (MinAmb) over who deals with what ... inevitably causing situations which unnecessarily duplicate regulations, standards, taxation and permitting".

FYI, this meeting occurred in the State of Merida which is located on the west side of Venezuela. Don't get it confused with the meeting which was supposed to occur in El Callao when the miners 6yr retroactive cheques are distributed to the miners.

I believe the El Callao Mtg will occur the first week of Aug when the new Mining Law is suppose to be released. This would be the perfect scenario for Chavez to tell the miners they have a job when Las Cristinas and Las Brisas commences. If Chavez doesn't mention Las Cristinas and Las Brisas at this time then I believe there will still be a further delay for the elusive permits.

Hopefully, Mining Minister - Sanz can get the conflicts of competence sorted out between Mibam and MinAmb. Sanz is the only person I trust that can get the conflicts resolved, but it's going to take some time (few weeks) for him to get it all together. I admire what the man has accomplished in the Mining Industry since he was appointed in Jan/08.

I'm hoping for the approval after the new Mining Laws are gazetted & released in Aug.

New Message
Please login to post a reply