Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Re: Hey Anybody---Help

posted on Aug 22, 2008 09:11AM

You may be right - I got my info from: http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...

"The increase in the net loss for the first six months of 2008 compared to the first six months in 2007 is due primarily to recording a foreign currency loss of $6.7 million in 2008 compared to a foreign currency gain of $7.2 million in 2007. These amounts include an unrealized foreign currency translation loss of $9.9 million in 2008 compared to an unrealized gain of $10.8 million in 2007 as a result of translation of future income tax liabilities in the Venezuelan Branch. The increased exchange loss was offset in part by a $5.3 million reduction in general and administrative expenses (2008: $7.1 million vs 2007: $12.4 million) and a 2008 gain on sale of equipment of $1.6 million. The decrease in the net loss in Q2 2008 compared to Q2 2007 is due primarily to a reduction in general and administrative expenses, and offset by an increase in the unrealized foreign exchange loss."

It was my understanding that they got the place in line of the companies they sold it too...

New Message
Please login to post a reply