Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Review: from June 25th Article

posted on Sep 09, 2008 08:29AM

I don't see any negatives coming from Merly Garcia. I am hoping that Garcia (Minamb) and Sanz (Mibam) will make a good team.

I became more hopeful As I highlighted this article. It seems that Crystallex has met all of these requirements.

Maybe we're close???

Government assesses granting of permission to Crystallex
June 25, 2008
| Reference: Reference: The National

Officials of the Ministry of Environment (Minamb), led by Merly Garcia, Vice-Minister of Environmental Planning, met with representatives of Crystallex to inform them that the Government reconsidered the denial of permission required by the Canadian mining to exploit gold in the Las Cristinas deposit.

The company, through a communique, said it could obtain the environmental permits to exploit natural resources-the only license that he needed to extract gold-if you modify some aspects of the project submitted to the Government to operate in Las Cristinas.

The demands which made him the environmental clearance were: 1) optimize social projects in the area; 2) mitigate the effects of mineral deposits, located in the affected areas of Imataca, and 3) improving sanitation plans when life ends of the mine, as well as repair the environmental damage caused by the illegal miners who worked in the area.

"The representatives of the Ministry of Environment stressed the importance of accelerating the presentation of data relating to the proposed request for modifications to enable the speedy issuance of the permit," said Crystallex.

In the encounter with Minamb, the Canadian mining received the official record of the meeting held at the Economic Development Commission of the National Assembly on June 4, 2008, when they discussed the delay of Las Cristinas project.

On that occasion, representatives of the Ministry of Basic Industries and Mining confirmed support for Crystallex and its compliance with all procedures and red tape to the denial of the permit Minamb.

"The resolution issued by the committee said that the Las Cristinas project has been in development for a significant period of time, supported by different branches of government," said the company.

He added that the resolution notes a lack of coordination among government institutions, "suggesting that should be resolved in the light of macroeconomic policies and goals of Venezuela, as well as social needs of the people."

The mining felt that it was too early to predict how they will resolve this situation, but said being motivated by support from the Government of Venezuela and the National Assembly.

"Crystallex welcomes the opportunity offered Minamb to create new solutions to mitigate the great environmental damage that already exists due to illegal mining in the area of Las Cristinas, and to improve the draft in order to respond to questions raised by the environmental clearance, "he said.

The Las Cristinas deposit, located in Sifontes, Bolivar state, accumulated some 546 kilograms of gold, and is the largest in the country.

New Message
Please login to post a reply