Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Insecurity and lack of policies to undermine regional tourism...

Insecurity and lack of policies to undermine regional tourism...

posted on Sep 11, 2008 01:24AM

Insecurity and lack of policies to undermine regional tourism
Thursday, September 11, 2008

Eulalia Lara, the inn Anaconda, denounces serious property damage and chaos in the mining town, which has caused this year that their frequent seasonal choose another destination.

Natalie Garcia
ngarcia@...
Picture William Urdaneta

Anarchy gripped Las Claritas and 88 km thanks to Tarantino

The stalls and food insecurity have shocked hundreds of tourists each year until iban Camp Anaconda, located at km 88, with the firm intention to enjoy nature of Sierra Lema and surrounding areas.

Eulalia Lara, owner of the inn, says that the buildings sponsored by the Mayor of Sifontes along the trunk 10 that have become part of people in a "bottleneck" for drivers. Without set aside part of that debris from vendors fall into their camp, which was transformed from one site to a cozy space smells issuing pestilence.

On the other hand commented that "the mayor Marlene Vargas has done nothing for tourism ... recently told by a megaphone that did what it gave him the win, I think this is not the ethics that should be mayor. "

Another of the major points that are affecting tourism in the area are deforestation in Sierra Lema, where he saw great diversity of animal species, especially birds.

Danger latent
Contamination by mining is rife in people's health. According to Lara so far there is no monitoring for preserving the environment, and this is very serious."I had to bring my daughter to Puerto Ordaz small because the water causes itchy skin, you know one bathes him and stings the skin, we must make an appeal to the Ministry of Environment to do something."

It may be recalled that in this area of the southern state of Bolivar is one of the richest gold deposits in Latin America, as is the Las Cristinas project, which has a proven reserve of 21 million ounces of gold.

He also explained the entrepreneur the country's crisis is affecting the tourism industry. The theme of insecurity is perhaps one of the most alarming. "The again docked at a tourist bus in Las Claritas, we are the gateway to the Gran Sabana if this continues so people will not come, somehow there must be a check, Venezuela has enough to live unexploited beauties nor the gold or oil. "

Everywhere
Tourism is experiencing serious drawbacks that limit their actions.

In the Gran Sabana this season only if there were visitors, the downturn was such that operators hardly noticed the season, giving signals that something is not right.

Ivan Artal, pioneer of extreme tourism and environmental consequences Gran Sabana, which explains a lot of infrastructure needed to call the visitors. In addition to this insecurity is concerned, and is one of the topics to be correct to make the region an area where you can stay without fear.

Another of the key things they need are tourists baths road in good condition. Many times people must stand in unsafe places to meet their need is there and where they spend some calamities.

Eulalia Lara calls on the authorities to help solve the their case. "I've gone to all sides, I have destroyed the camp until I sign off, these informal sales have been a problem. I understand that people have to find ways to work but there should be an order, not even respecting the margin that there should be on your side and side of the road, and more in an international road like that. "

Clamor general

Operators in the region call upon the Minister of Tourism, Titina Azuaje, assist with regard to the fight against insecurity in Bolivar state, where many innkeepers have been affected, showed low visits.

In St. Helena de Uairén, capital of Gran Sabana, yearn to be opened once the new terminal promises to be an alternative for certain types of tourism should be moved to the area by air, providing a little more opportunities to learn about this magical land.

http://www.correodelcaroni.com/conte...

New Message
Please login to post a reply