Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: vheadline sanz fires cvg president.. read about ortega.

I think a key point here is being missed:

"Herrera Jimenez had been given the job at CVG-Bauxilum by Vice President of the Republic, Ramon Carrizalez, apparently without prior reference to President Hugo Chavez Frias.

While Sanz' decision has shocked the leadership of trade unions involved in negotiations with CVG management, it highlights growing differences between President Hugo Chavez Frias and his Vice President who is reportedly somewhat miffed by the fact that his wife, Yubiri Ortega de Carrizalez has been ignominiously back-burnered as Environment & Natural Resources (MinAmb) Minister following a series of incompetent ministerial decisions which go against the economic interests of the country."

Jimenez was give the job by Ortega's husband, Carrizales, without prior permission by Hugo. Roy (or somebody) is speculating that this was a because his VP is upset (miffed) at the fact his wife was defrocked after a series of public %#$@-ups. Now Hugo is putting Carrizales in his place.

Now for my speculation... if Hugo wants to really put Carrizales in his place he could publicly approve the same environmental permit Carrizales's wife publicly denied. Of course, like Roy, I write this an purely fantasy on my part.

New Message
Please login to post a reply