Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Re: Sad thing happened......

posted on Oct 03, 2008 09:35AM

One would think that there are many suitable buyers that want in on our 16 plus million ounces of gold and are willing to pay a fair share for it. What that fair share is I don't know but I can't see us giving it away after all these years of waiting for the friggin permit.

All the same arguments that were tossed around with ARU. At the end of the day the asset was stolen by Kinross for next to nothing and it was a combination of being sold down the river by an ethically challenged ARU board and what appears to be a conspiracy by the other large producers (Barrick, etc) to set a tone (or gentleman's agreement) for the market that there would not be a biding war and these assets would be bought on the cheap. The credit crises likely didn't help either.

I don't know if this will be the case with KRY but a VERY BAD precedent has been set by the ARU theft and we should all be aware of it.

New Message
Please login to post a reply