Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Here's another from "the Caracas Daily Journal" in English.

ChAvez’ eyes on largest gold mine

Venezuela announced plans to take over the nation's largest gold mine, operated by Canada's Crystallex International Corp., as President Hugo Chávez gradually brings mining operations under state control. The Las Cristinas mine will operate under state control beginning next year and it will eventually help boost Venezuela's foreign reserves, Mining Minister Rodolfo Sanz told state radio. "Due to the financial crisis that has extended throughout the world, it's necessary to attempt to recover our gold to increase our international reserves," Sanz said. "The company has not been notified of any changes," Toronto-based Crystallex said in a statement. Crystallex representatives met with Venezuelan officials "and no issues were raised with regard to the control of Las Cristinas," the statement said. Chávez’ government has clashed with several international gold-mining companies in recent months. Crystallex, which operates the Las Cristinas project under a contract, announced in May that Venezuela’s Environment Ministry denied the company a permit to complete construction of the mine. [4]

New Message
Please login to post a reply