Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Message to Vz Ambassdor to Canada: A supportive yet concerned Canadian investor

Message to Vz Ambassdor to Canada: A supportive yet concerned Canadian investor

posted on Nov 12, 2008 03:23PM

Dear Mr. Ambassador,

Several years ago I decided to invest in a Canadian business which conducts business in your fine country of Venezuela. The company is called Crystallex. I am not affiliated with this company except that I decided to invest in its operation.

Why did I decided to do this? There are many reasons. Of course the primary reason was to earn some money. However there were other reasons as well. I also saw a country that has great potential. I see a people that are hard working and who want the best for their society. I see a country that values the individual and wishes to provide support to their citizens via housing, healthcare and employment, much like Canada does.

I see our two countries as great allies in the support of human growth and compassion towards it’s respective citizens. In addition I saw that Crystallex was actually investing in the very Venezuelan communities in which it was planning to do business. It built schools, a medical clinic, paved roads, built homes, funded the construction of a water treatment plant and provided medicine for such things as malaria plus more. This is exactly the sort of socially responsible company that I want to invest in. They make a difference in the lives of Venezuelans.

It was for those reasons that I thought that Venezuela would be a fine place to trust my hard earned money.

Recently however I have grown very concerned over news that is being reported out of your country. The reports were saying that Venezuela was not planning to support the very company that has been such a good corporate citizen in the past. I truly wish these reports to be lies. I realize that Western media sometimes gets events wrong and if this is the case I am truly sorry.

Can you, as a representative of your fine country, tell me that Venezuela IS a good place to do business? Will Venezuela support this fine corporate citizen and its efforts in helping Venezuela?

Thank you very much for your time.

Respectfully,

xxxxx

New Message
Please login to post a reply