Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Cara on Gold (today)

posted on Nov 17, 2008 06:49PM

Gold & Precious Metals Review

$GOLD gained +8.30/oz this week, which is surprising because the $USD was up a strong +0.93% W/W. $GOLD closed at 742.50.

(As) I have previously opined, “I do believe the Euro and $GOLD will rally as soon as the US credit market crisis is gotten under control, and traders stop repatriating $USD and $XJY (Yen) from abroad.”

For $GOLD, the 50d MA is now 802.50, which will have a 7-handle next week (meaning the 50-day MA will be in the 700’s). The 200d MA is 881.35.

There was hope the G-20 leaders on Friday might actually spend some money rather than drown us in words. $GOLD lifted +$37.50/oz on the day. After it hit a spike top, the price started to slide back.

The G-20 meetings ended with nothing in the way of specific programs that would indicate immediate reflation. Perhaps they want to wait to hear from Pres. Obama after Jan. 20 – or at least see what deals he can “talk” his way through Congress in the interim. It could also be a wait-and-see if Paul Volcker is appointed the next Treasury Secretary, which might diminish the prospects for a higher gold price, at least for a couple months until the massive spending programs of the G-20 nations actually start getting implemented.

So, it’s back to watching paint dry. If the $USD rallies from its close of 86.72, I expect downward pressure on $GOLD.

New Message
Please login to post a reply