Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Quassia miners are still asking for their payments...

Quassia miners are still asking for their payments...

posted on Dec 15, 2008 10:27PM

Quassia miners are still asking for their payments
Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Natalie Garcia

Quassia miners in El Callao, from Saturday, are installed in a Russian mining concession, having starred in a protest at the entrance of the population in the south, which did not produce results before the application for compensation for having been evicted months earlier of the mine where they worked.

Jose Padron, one of those affected, said "we want a fair, about 50 million. On Saturday, the mayor of El Callao-Orlenia Scipio said the miners, to remove the thorn from its rejection, that if the land were going to tell anyone that she was going to get, because she would defend. Now there are about 300 people in the mine, the National Guard is in the street, but we want to give us our money, and it just now. "

He added that since the Ministry of People's Power for Basic Industries and Mining (Mibam) are not met, the president of Minerven, Luis Herrera, I would have promised "a melt gold to pay us, but we do not know what happened, we are tired the same thing, we need a fair payment, that money comes. "

For more than five months of the miners are Quassia after the payment of allowances promised by Mibam. Nonetheless, the money that was contributed by the Russian mining company Agapov was deposited at the discretion of the Venezuelan State, leading some operators if they charge their deposits.

However, those affected say they stayed on the outside and that the protests will not cease until we get the money expected, would remain closed roads and installed at The IV Chocó, which is part of the Russian company Agapov.

http://www.correodelcaroni.com/conte...

New Message
Please login to post a reply