Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Thank You for asking me to participate, and i do have a JV question

I don't think that is real -- just speculation of some on the board, and troublemakers like the clowns from RML.

RM has stated clearly many times that Venezuela has NEVER asked about changing the MOA to a JV.

A real JV would require an investment by Venezuela. They are soon going to be broke and cannot even afford to pay the smaller debts that they owe. (some mention that we could front all the investment in a JV, which would be foolish) We would not be too bright to offer anything like that to them, unless it was an absolute condition to getting an immediate permit (which as noted above is not and has never been discussed).

Whether they like it or not, Venezuela is over a barrel (no pun intended) -- oil has collapsed, their budget is out of control, their credit rating is in the tank, they have severe inflation and job losses, and nobody with any sense will invest a nickel there unless and until they start honoring their own prior agreements and commitments.

The chances that a JV is in the works is about as likely as RML being able to deliver what they promise -- about nil.

New Message
Please login to post a reply