Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Re: Otto/Turner An Interview with George Salamis, President of Rusoro Mining (RML.v)

take a look at Turner's take on Crystallex June 14/07, note the comments at the bottom, note otto response to his virtual permit headline and then look at his post the next month after he dumpped KRY shares

http://seekingalpha.com/symbol/kry?author=mark-turner

Crystallex's Las Cristinas Permit Virtually Granted

by: Mark Turner June 14, 2007 | about stocks: KRY
With the virtual granting of its now famous environmental impact permit, Crystallex (KRY) can at last get on with the serious job of building a gold mine. Whatever may happen in the future at Las Cristinas, we hope that, however overdue the permit may seem to be in the eyes of many, KRY management pop a few champagne corks tonight and celebrate the achievement, especially the investor relations department at KRY; the ever-patient Richard Marshall is a credit to his profession.

As for the loyal longs, the shareholders that CEO Thompson called “the greatest shareholders in the world” have been rewarded for their patience. Unashamedly guilty of having "fallen in love with a stock", having suffered a seemingly interminable wait and having withstood innumerable and often anonymous barbs about “their company” over the years, they should also allow themselves a moment to celebrate.

All that said, we recommend finding a price and taking profits on KRY at this point. However, those who do so should wish every fortune to those who remain long.

Disclosure: none

KRY 1-yr chart

Mark Turner

Add to Your WatchlistAbout this author:
  • Jun 14 09:28 AM
    With all due respect to Mark, the title of the article is false. According to the press release (www.marketwire.com/2.0...), "The CVG confirmed that the approval of the EIS, the posting of the bond and the payment of the taxes represent the final and conclusive step in the procedure for the issuance of the Environmental permit to construct the Las Cristinas Project." Thus, Crystallex has completed their end of the deal, but the permit has not yet been issued. I am not saying this to knock the price down, as I have no long or short position and actually thought about picking up some shares on the news for a quick momentum trade, but upon further review of the press release, they still do not have the permit. I am not posturing on the time that will lapse before they receive it, but based on the wording in the press release, they still do not have the permit. If they did have it, they simply would've said they received the permit, instead of saying they completed the final steps to required for the issuance of the permit.
    Reply | Link to Comment
  • Jun 14 11:19 AM
    please note the word "virtual"
    Reply | Link to Comment
  • Jun 14 11:50 AM
    I am noting that and while it may seem trivial to get into semantics, it really has boiled down to that with KRY. Suppose someone loosely follows KRY, types in the symbol here and sees the top article saying "Permit Granted" in the title, they could very easily go and buy shares based off of that. I would hope someone would not buy a stock based off of an article title, but if they bought shares and then the Venezuelan government comes out two weeks from now saying "despite Cystallex's best efforts in fulfilling the steps, we have decided we will continue to withhold the permit" then you have a liability on your hands. Again, I am not speculating on the timing of permit issuance, or whether or not it will happen, just the fact that that is a dangerous title for the article to have.
    Reply | Link to Comment
Jan 13, 2009 05:15PM

Jan 13, 2009 05:49PM
Jan 13, 2009 06:30PM
Jan 13, 2009 08:54PM

Jan 13, 2009 09:20PM
Jan 14, 2009 05:33AM

Jan 14, 2009 05:39AM
Jan 14, 2009 05:57AM
Jan 14, 2009 06:06AM
Jan 14, 2009 06:34AM
Jan 14, 2009 06:55AM