Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Probably a dumb theory but....

posted on Feb 19, 2009 02:53AM

I'm gonna put this out there anyway...

Per Richard Marshall ...We have continued the construction of the Sewage Treatment Plant and the new Medical Facility in KM88 and expect the construction of both to be completed within weeks. These projects are a part of the MOC and we are remaining in full compliance of all the terms and covenants awaiting the permit issuance.

This is a very simplistic view, but we have heard so many times that Venezuelans think much differently than North Americans, so here is my theory. It goes one of two ways... Venezuela is holding back on issuing the permit until Crystallex has finished the clinic and the sewage plant. It is not inconceivable that they would hold up a multi-billion dollar project until they are satisfied that the committment on these somewhat insignificant (appearance and $$ wise) projects are in the bag. Once completed, they are satisfied and issue the permit - life is great. My other scenario is not as rosy... Venezuela has not responded to our formal request for clarification on our standing in Venezuela re the permit. They plan on telling us that they are not going to issue the permit - ever, but they don't want to risk completion of the clinic and the treatment plant, so they are waiting for them to be finished. Once we complete the work, they officially tell us to pi$$ off and we proceed to international arbitration.

I may be out to lunch here, but I may be right. If I am right, we should know "within weeks" where we stand, permit wise. I know it sounds impossible that this tiny issue could be the hold-up, but the Vennies are super-stoked about the social benefits afforded by the multi-nationals presence in their country. It is possible, if not probable. Do I need therapy????

I do know that we had better make a big show around the completion of these projects... Fung should try and get Chavez to cut the ribbons on both of these deals... make it a really big deal. After all, Chavez cut the ribbon on Cristinas once for Placer, didn't he?

New Message
Please login to post a reply