Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Pender

Greetings from Miami. I've made some Venezuelan friends here that have a good understanding of what's going-on in Bolivar State. The general feeling is that Venezuela may be forced to devalue the Bolivar Fuerte very soon, cut-back on spending of course, till global inflation (via printing presses) leads to an increase in crude prices. Chavez's easiest and most cost effective solution is to avoid arbitration. This is generally accepted by those Venezuelans I know as essential. Avoiding additional costly mining studies in starting the process 'all-over again' is necessary. RML doesn't want to start this process. They are the opportunistic ones that grow through acquisition. I'm not endorsing RML however just attempting to show one possible approach worth considering.

Two solutions therefore seem practical:

(1) give KRY their permit

(2) avoid arbitration by pushing KRY/RML together and a 50 : 50 deal gets done with Venezuela.

The Venezuelans I talk to are working on the assumption of (2).

Endeavour's USD 93.7 million (net) cash infusion on Feb.4 would seem, at least to me, to be ripe for investment in RML. Following below is the RML case study from EDV - notice the progression of their work with RML, factor in their attempts at GRZ and then KRY stands-out as the remaining entity to be approached! Caveat emptor!

Cheers

Teutracker

Rusoro Mining
  • Junior gold producer
  • Created and launched by Endeavour in early 2007
  • Endeavour advised on the acquisition of Mena Resources, a junior resource Company with exploration and producing assets in Venezuela. US$64 million equity capital secured for the transaction.
  • Endeavour advised on the structure and arrangement of Grupo Agapov acquisition, valued at US$300 million
  • A CDN$225 million equity financing was completed to cover the purchase of Gold Fields' Venezuelan assets, including the producing Choco 10 Mine in 2007
  • June 2008, Russia's second largest gold producer, Peter Hambro Mining Plc makes a strategic investment in Rusoro as a part of a larger US$80 million senior secured exchangeable loan (click here for news release).
  • Endeavour advised on Rusoro's US$25 million acquisition of Hecla Mining's Venezuelan gold assets, including the Isidora Mine and Twin Shear project.

New Message
Please login to post a reply