Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Scenario

posted on Mar 21, 2009 01:53PM

I'm starting to lean towards a scenario that was mentioned here a couple of weeks ago - A permit will not be granted until KRY's social obligations are entirely completed. According to management this should be in a couple of weeks. Venezuela could be nervous in giving out a permit beforehand because they may believe that once KRY gets the permit, their focus will be on mining and not necessarily social agendas.

Surely Venezuela officials know that KRY is still working on their social obligations. Are these officials smiling at KRY in our meetings with them, yet in the back of their mind they are saying "we are going to screw you over when you finish your social obligations"? I don't think these officials would be that naive of the law and international treaties to plan something like that. Or am I being naive?

They could have asked us to leave last August, but they called us back to the table to work some items out. Was that to get "free" hospitals and sewage plants? Every wall, window, and nail we put in makes us look that much better, and IMO, that much harder to screw over.

M

New Message
Please login to post a reply