Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Re: President Hugo Chavez is open to international mining companies./deparge

Re: President Hugo Chavez is open to international mining companies./deparge

posted on Apr 15, 2009 06:39AM

"It's all talk but that's all we have to go on. Hopefully it will signal to us the direction they might move to. I want to be in front of any decision that may be coming our way, not behind it"

That's the hard part about the talk out of Vz. The talk(BS mostly) of the past out of Vz has not been the most profitable of conversations. Actions speak louder than words and one doesn't have to look to far to get a read on Hugo's actions. It seems it's the courts and arbitrations that put any level of balance into any given situation. Don't count on Hugo for it. And history is a good indicator of the future. I think as far as Hugo's actions go one can read fairly accurately with this

As far as the latest news piece it did say International Companies so there is a glimmer of hope. I don't think the cash kry has at this point in time is in any way significant in the context of Sanz's remark. The problem I see may be kry's funding sources have been disappointed by broken promises in the past so what kind of promise can Fung give to back himself in regards to the "show me the cash" remark. Maybe Fung is out with his hoody on knockin off a few banks right about now. With a permit in hand and some assurances from Vz in some critical areas I would imagine the cash would flow though.

I can be kinda positive too Dparge, there is hope for us I think, lol.

To counter that though, why the $%^* did/is Vz pushing kry to the brink here financially and through lack of due process in the permitting department if we're in such favour as some think? That takes me back to the talk Hugo delivers. He is obviously aligning with political allies that don't fit the mold kry is in and I still feel this deposit/LC is destined for something, someone, that can showcase these types of alliances and co-operations. politically and economically. Whether that's a good thing in our eyes I don't think Hugo cares. LC is a world class sizes deposit and Vz knows it, and I think will use it to thier advantage not neccesarily ours. Thus the big squeeze. What we get out of it time will tell, who knows for sure.

Apr 15, 2009 10:10AM
Apr 15, 2009 10:37AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply