Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Eddy

posted on May 17, 2009 12:06PM

Eddy, over the last while while you seem to have gone back and forth between which is a better investment GRZ or KRY.

I won't go through all your old posts but some things stick out. I will summarize from memory so don't hold me to what you said exactly.

You mention you have had frequent contact with Doug and even had to make a correction of a post of your impressions of a conversation/email.

I will say here that if you are looking purely at outstanding shares GRZ seems the logical choice. If Doug is right and they get 5 billion dollars from arbitration each share would be worth an extra $87. Not a bad pop from .65 a share currently. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

You have said your impression is that GRZ has no intention of mining LB. I would have to agree with you. The cost building a mine for LB would be huge. It is much more expensive that mining LC. In fact the whole gold and copper LB mining project is inferior to the high grade gold LC project.

Trying to sell LB is much tougher than selling LC. A simple look at the numbers will tell you which property is more valuable. IMHO this is why Doug has pushed so hard for combining LB and LC. It has nothing to do with geography or geology, it is all about money. Doug can get a higher price for LB if who ever is interested in LC has to take LB as well.

Crystallex on the other hand has always maintained that they plan to mine LC. That isn't to say they wouldn't entertain offers to sell the contract if the right deal came along.

Crystallex to date hasn't put a figure on how much they would ask for if they go to arbitration. Looking at LC compared to LB it isn't hard to see that the number would be higher or at least more realistic. Crystallex doesn't have to give a numbere because Grz has already planted their 5 billion flag and VZ knows that LC is more valuable. Crystallex also hasn't threaten VZ by throwing out a huge number to try and force the issue. They are still working on the permit and threats aren't the best way of getting what you want.

Doug has said that LB isn't profitable with the new gold law and they wouldn't be able to finance the mine. RM has said that the new gold law won't change Crystallex's ability to finance the mine and KRY will still be profitable. WHY the differnce? Because LB and LC are not equal projects as I mentioned above.

If I had to chose between owing Grz or Kry my decision is easy. I will stick with the company that has been able to meet with top VZ officials who say nothing has changed. I will stick with the company that is actually trying to mine in VZ and can make a profit. I will stick with the company that has a contract to mine gold owned by VZ rather that a company that doesn't want to mine but insists they own the gold not VZ.

Time will tell if either company was worth having shares in but for now I will stick with Fung and Crystallex.

JJ

May 17, 2009 03:26PM
May 17, 2009 05:25PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply