Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

off topic. maybe/kinda. gold and ammo

posted on Jul 09, 2009 01:30PM

i took my annual trip to walmart today...hate that f'n place...

if anyone else is noticing this in thier part of the world please post!

anyway, right after the pres election i had friends telling me that walmart (and gun/ammo stores) were having difficulty stocking .380 & 9mm ammo....

i figured it was an overreaction to the democratic stance on gun control and would soon pass..

8 months later....i recently took a trip to north carolina (not obama friendly) and the "guys" there told me that they have not been able to keep .380/.38special & 9mm in stock..in fact, they hav'nt seen .380 in months.....they also informed me about the coming revolution, obama impregnating all the white women of america, blah, blah, blah....in an attempt at self preservation i gladly said "yeah! i hate that guy!"...i kinda figured anything i might say with regard to my true feelings toward bush would be ill timed....

anyway, back to my annual trip to walmart today... i stopped by the sporting goods dept and asked the guy behind the counter if he has noticed anything with regard to ammo shortage or increased demand....he told me he has'nt seen any .380 in awhile..

BUT! he did get a fresh load of 9mm this morning and had filled the top shelf (approx. 6'X2')......by 10am, the shelf was empty.....i mean, DAMN!!!

in my short lifetime i really cant remember a time when so many were sooo worried/frightened for the future of the country/humanity...

so with regard to gold...if a large portion of the population is concerned enough about the future to stockpile ammo....should'nt they also be stockpiling "physical" gold??

New Message
Please login to post a reply