Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

VZ's ineptitude

posted on Jul 13, 2009 09:42PM

It just occured to me (maybe I'm slow?), that there is actually a fairly obvious answer as to why VZ can't seem to make decisions when it comes to major projects, outside of oil.

They have had it so good with regards to the price of oil, and their vast stores, that they have never really 'wanted' for money. In the last year or so, they have had to confront a 'perfect storm'. Oil plunging, world economic meltdown, all at the same time that Hugo decided to get uppity, and nationized many large companies, or simply took them over without any prior agreement. This as well has had a negative influence, as countries and companies no longer feel the strong desire to do business in VZ.

Suddenly, Chavez has had to cut funding to social programs, stop working on some projects, and basically accept the fact that he has to find other sources of income.

Never before has oil not been the golden egg that keeps it all together. There has never been the need for a proper and effecient system for processing major business licensing, And especially not with Hugo interferring.

Soooo, they simply do not know how to proceed in a timely manner, even tho' they do recognize that they need this to happen. They just have not faced a situation like this, under these circumstances, and I believe they are just walking around in circles, passing the buck, until it comes back to them.....on and on and on.

Penderite

New Message
Please login to post a reply