Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: A rising gold price can only help put pressure on Chavez to mine the gold..

A rising gold price can only help put pressure on Chavez to mine the gold..

posted on Aug 05, 2009 11:40PM

Between the fact that it has nearly put a complete end to its purchase of US Treasuries and that it is accelerating the pace of its« global shopping » for more than USD 50 billion per month (swap agreements included), it appears that, between the end of 2008 and the end of summer 2009, China will have disposed of nearly 600 billion worth of USD-denominated assets, and it will have failed to purchase between USD 500 and USD 1,000 billion worth of US Treasuries that the Obama administration has begun to issue to finance its extravagant borrowings. LEAP/E2020 estimates that these two amounts added together give a clear idea of Beijing’s impact on the « Dollar-era » at the end of summer 2009, at the end of the US fiscal year. China’s disposals and failed purchases of US Treasuries alone will then represent a shortfall of between USD 1,100 billion and USD 1,600 billion in the United States’ financial needs. Ben Bernanke will be compelled to print Dollars in a (vain) effort to prevent his country from defaulting on its debt.

US monetary base - Source : Réserve fédérale US, 03/2009
In the knowledge that each time Bernanke declares that the Fed will purchase its own US Treasuries, they lose 10 percent in one day, i.e. USD 140 billion compared to other international currencies, Chinese leaders will certainly find it acceptable to sacrifice USD 400 or 500 billion.

http://www.leap2020.eu/when-china-prepares-its-great-escape-from-the-dollar-trap-for-the-end-of-summer-2009_a3582.html

New Message
Please login to post a reply