Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Hugo Chavez turns on the charm for Courtney Love

posted on Sep 27, 2009 07:18PM

Venezuela President Hugo Chavez turns on the charm for Courtney Love at Oliver Stone screening

Rush & Molloy

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 9:38 AM

Flirty Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez invited rocker Courtney Love to visit him in Caracas at the New York premiere of Oliver Stone's 'South of the Border.'
Courtney Love is still floating on the charm offensive that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez launched at Wednesday's screening of Oliver Stone's new documentary, "South of the Border." The singer, who came dressed to thrill in a short zipper-front skirt, says she noticed the twice-divorced Chavez checking her out during a Q&A afterward.

"It was the third wink that sold me," Mrs. Kurt Cobain told us. "He's a sexy dawg. He invited me to visit his country and I'd like to go. I'll rock Caracas!"

The ebullient, espresso-sipping Chavez also had smooches and smiles for Susan Sarandon, Danny Glover, Shia LaBeouf and Carey Mulligan. But, when we asked him about his feelings for Barack Obama, he admitted to mixed emotions.

"He is still an enigma to me," said Chavez. "There are two Obamas so far. One Obama promotes peace. The other Obama promotes new military bases in Colombia. Let's see which one wins. I hope it will be the Obama who says the U.S. cannot impose anything on any country. Meanwhile, the Pentagon supports coup leaders in Honduras."

Stone, whose flick follows his meetings with seven Latin American leaders, concurred that Obama seems to be hostage to "the permanent government that oppresses South America. Obama talks the game - let him do it."

New Message
Please login to post a reply