Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Crystallex still trying to resolve Las Cristinas dispute - Venezuela

EZ - My yardstick for measuring ANY CEO of a publically traded company is, at the end of the day, what they deliver to shareholder value.

While the day is not yet over for KRY, Doug has delivered his shareholders more than a double in the last year.

Maybe Doug has never visited the site but I am sure his staff did. A good CEO may not need to if he is surrounded by the right people.

In any case none of this matters. If a well educated well spoken businessman delivers a zero while a rogue cowboy delivers a double....I'll side with the rogue because that is why I invest...to make money.

We are all hoping that Fung will get something done....but my point these last few days is that this is all we have...hope. We assume because of his past history that he will deliver, but in the end we, none of us, really knows what he is doing or where we stand.

Tensions are high and I have not been immune. To those who have faith I am happy for you. For me, I am uncomfortable with faith alone and I believe I have a right to know how my money is being handled. "Engaged in a process" is not the same as "done deal". "We have demonstrated the ability to raise cash in the past so we do not see this as an issue" is not the same as "financing is a lock".

My only request before I go to happy hour is that those who are OK with faith alone please understand that for those of us who want more....we have a right to it as shareholders in a publically traded company, especially when at present from the facts before us we do not have light beyond 12/31/2009.

Cheers

New Message
Please login to post a reply